The Telford Langley School Work Experience
Work Experience is up and running with a large proportion of students successfully gaining and enjoying placements last academic year (22-23). Please read the information below carefully and start to consider where you would like to visit for your work experience placement in Year 10. The placement may be in a field that you are interested in or it may be a placement that will benefit you in gaining ‘soft skills’, for example: communication, customer service, confidence or numeracy.
Work Experience Date 2023-2024:
- Work Experience Week: 8th – 12th July
Welcome to your Work Experience 2023-2024 programme. Telford Langley is working with Telford and Wrekin Education Business Links (EBL) to help you acquire the skills and knowledge that will prepare you for the workplace and to inspire you to plan for and achieve a successful future.
We use a website called GroFar to help search for, and confirm, work experience placements.
What GroFar does do?
- GroFar will allow you to search a database of companies that have previously offered work experience
- GroFar provides you with the contact details of these companies so that you can contact them yourself
- Allows you to add a new company if you have found a placement that is not on the GroFar database
What does GroFar not do?
- GroFar does not contact companies for you. You have to email, phone, or contact a company in person yourself to organise your work experience.
Suggested templates to use when contacting companies can be found below. This part of the school website also has a ‘GroFar Student Guide’ which shows you how to use the website and search for placements. You will also receive a year group assembly on this and your RSHE teachers are here to help guide you through the process in the coming months.
How do I use the GroFar website? - https://auth.grofar.com/ :
- Step 1. Create an account. An email has been sent to student’s school email addresses asking you to set up a password. We recommend that you use your school password so that you don’t forget the password you make for GroFar.
- Step 2. Access the ‘GroFar Student Guide’ to help you use the website.
Please remember: this is just the start of the process. You will have an assembly and your RSHE teachers will be here to help you and guide you through the process in the coming weeks and months.
What should I do now?
- Finish setting up your GroFar account by making a password
- Start using GroFar to search for companies that have offered placements before
- Start contacting companies to try and find a work experience placement week beginning 08th July 2024.
If you have any questions the please feel free to see Mr Oxenham or email: email@example.com