As a school, it is important we recognise that students feel supported and fully prepared throughout this academic year.
Additional pressures on the cohort, mean it is essential that students are equipped with the necessary tools to accelerate their progress.
By providing a clear roadmap for success, Telford Langley School are supporting our students’ wellbeing, in what is a potentially stressful period.
Programme for raising both Attainment and Progress in Year 11:
- Consistent collaboration between key people supporting the cohort to achieve success
- Keeping up to speed with the most recent Ofqual Examination updates and changes for Summer 2023
- Liaising with Curriculum leaders on how best to prepare for the upcoming mock examinations and the summer series
- Promoting clear understanding of the revision strategies that will have the most impact in helping the students revise effectively
Year 11 examinations
Assessment weeks took place in the week beginning Monday 21st November and the week beginning Monday 28th November.
A second round of mock exams took place the week beginning Monday 27the February 2023 place in a number of subjects.
The assessments allow departments to provide an accurate assessment students current grade and the necessary support required for them to meet their target.
Extensive Question Level Analysis will provide bespoke targeted intervention in class and out of school to plug gaps in knowledge.
The summer exam season is fast approaching at will start for all week beginning Monday 15th May 2023. Please see the exam timetable below.
Aim: Using a structured intervention, teachers can swiftly close progress or attainment gaps in a key area. They can also see the demonstrable impact of their practice and share it with the child and their parents or carers.
- Make it fun
- Link to wider learning
- Timing is key
- Personalise the sessions
- Play to department strengths
All students are invited to attend intervention 2.35-3.35pm daily. Core intervention began on Monday 20th September (Tuesday- English, Wednesday – Science and Thursday- Maths). From Monday 27th September the cycle included Humanities and creative subjects.
Keystage 4 Enrichment Year 10 Autumn term 2023
Keystage 4 Intervention (year 10 & 11) Autumn term 2023