Another weekly update with fixture results, stars of the week and several pictures from the PE department.
Inter-School Competitions & Extra-Curricular Clubs
This week we has seen our Year 7 football team in action and even more students attending extra-curricular clubs.
· KS4 Theory Intervention/ Revision
· The Year 7 football team played in a friendly football game against Madeley Academy. This was organised to give the lads further experience of playing together before their cup game next Tuesday against Idsall School. The boys conducted themselves fantastically and played as a real team. The final score was 4-0 to Langley with goals coming from Ben Cartwright, Josh Jenkins and Kyle Whittaker bagged a brace. It was a really good display of team football and gives the boys a real confidence boost before next week’s game.
· KS3 Football Club was also on with over 25 students attending, this was on top of the Year 7 football game!
· On Tuesday evening myself and Mr Carter along with two KS4 students, Bradley Hooker and Lauren Tranter, attended the school games sports mark awards evening. This was to recognise and celebrate the PE provisions in place at a number of primary and secondary schools within the local area. We were very proud to be recognised and awarded with a Bronze sports mark award, this was for the school year 2015-2016. Given the significant developments this year with the number of extra-curricular clubs and fixtures taking place, we hope to improve upon this Bronze award next year! A massive thanks to Bradley and Lauren for receiving the award with ourselves. The certificate will be displayed in the trophy cabinet behind reception within the coming days.
· Fitness club reached full capacity for another week running.
· Indoor Hockey has also increased in numbers with 18 students attending.
· Girls Football continues to be a popular choice, in a few weeks we have a KS3 and a KS4 5-a-side tournament.
· Handball proved to be popular again with 20 students attending, we have our first U15 handball fixture coming up in a few weeks.
· Last week we ran a trip to Madeley ski slope for the students who’re going on the ski trip to gain further experience before the trip to Italy in 3 weeks’ time! I was most impressed with the progress shown and the enjoyment that all students had. There are two more weeks of lessons before the trip (27th January and 3rd February).
Stars of the Week
Please join us to celebrate the following students achievements within PE lessons and extra-curricular involvement. Their photos can be seen on the wall of fame in the PE corridor along with all other stars of the week.
KS3: Josh Brown and Emily Harris
KS4: Luke Morris and Abby Andrews
· Tuesday- Year 7 cup game vs Idsall (Home- 3:15KO)
· Thursday- Year 10 friendly vs Ercall Wood (Away- 3:15pm KO)
· Friday- Madeley skiing lessons
· All other extra-curricular clubs will be on as normal.